BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Birthday Pics... A LOT OF PICS

Saturday 5-1-10, the Ps and I headed to the mall to have P1's 1st birthday pics taken.  My appt was at 5pm and of course Pen decided she wanted to take a late and long afternoon nap that day.  It takes about 30min to get to the mall (since there is ALWAYS traffic on the highway, no matter what stinkin' day OR time it is... I digress) so I had to wake her up by 4pm to get her fed, changed, and dressed to head out in 30 min.  Dumb, I know.  But whatever.  I kept waiting for the cake lady (now known as CL) to show up.  She was supposed to call in the afternoon to find out how to get to my house so she could drop off the cupcakes for the party on Sunday AND to bring the smash cake for P2's photo session. It was 4pm and I still hadn't heard from her.  So as I'm feeding Pen, I called a coworker to see if she had CL's number.  OH, CL is a coworker too.  Anyway, thankfully she had her number and I called to find out if there was a problem.  Umm, ya, she thought the pics were supposed to be at 6pm instead of 5.  Luckily, the cupcakes were ready, she just needed to make the drive to my house.  Lovely.

After Pen was dressed, I loaded both the girls in the car and headed down to our local McD's to meet the CL so I could quickly get to the mall.  She was going to give me the one and then take the rest to the house where DH was waiting for her.  Finally we got them, I called the studio and told them we were running late.  They said it wouldn't be a problem and they would see me when I got there.  We finally make it and we have to wait a little bit, but thankfully both girls are in a great mood. 

Finally, it's our turn and Pen is starting to be the little stinker that we know and love.  She doesn't want to stay put, she doesn't want to look at the lady, and don't you dare ask her to smile.  It's amazing we got any decent pics of little Miss Priss!!  After a few clothes changes, it was time to disrobe for the cake smash.  Before I go into detail, here are the first of the pics. :)










I DON'T LIKE IT!!!!!!


So now we attempted the cake smash.  I placed the pretty little cupcake in front of her and then I let her go!

She grabbed the little frosting off it and then...
Just looked at it...

And looked at it...

Notice this child still has a clean face!! 

Finally she got some in her mouth (and eye and hair) and made this sourpus face!

You want me to eat this junk???

No way!  I'm outta here!!

That's it!  Everytime she would touch her fingers together she would shiver like it was giving her the willies!!  It was SOOOO funny!!!  Not once did she ever try to bite the cake.  I even tried to break off a piece to let her try it, but nope, she wasn't having any part of it!!
So, I don't know who this child belongs to, but she does NOT like cake or frosting!! 

3 comments:

Kari said...

I love them! How adorable!

Tanya said...

So stinkin' cute T!! I love the pictures, especially the cake ones!

Raising Twin Girls said...

Oh the pictures are way cute. The photo session sounds just like ours just with an extra baby in the mix. It is so hard to get them to cooperate some times. How funny about the cake. Maybe she won't have too much of a sweet tooth and she can just stay long and lean her whole life.