BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 21, 2009

Damn Tooth Fairy!

On Saturday afternoon, P1 decided that she had had enough of her loose tooth impeding on her eating enjoyment.  So after lunch, M decided to help her out and tie some dental floss around it and out popped her tooth.  I think this makes tooth number 6 or 7.  We're not new to the 'tooth fairy' business, but we almost blew it this weekend!  On Saturday there wasn't a dollar to be found and we didn't want to borrow from P1's piggy bank again.  (Yes, I said again....we've always replaced it, but it's a short term fix for two parents who rarely carry cash!)  Anyway, so she wakes up on Sunday morning and lo and behold the TF didn't show. Surprise Surprise.  Now, I think he who pulls the tooth should make sure he has the money to pay up.  Just sayin'.  But we both forgot, until a whiney P1 comes in and is not bashful in her disgust for the TF that morning!  Being the quick thinker that I am, I convinced her that switching the way in which she stored the tooth confused the poor TF (she put it in a little pillow instead of the little box she normally does).  She fell for it.  Point for mom! 

OK, so last night we got home real late from my SIL's house. By the time both kiddos were in bed, it was almost 11pm and this mama was tired.  This morning when I walked in her room I sat on her bed and started to wake her up.  In my horror, what do I see sitting on her windowsill?!  Yes, the tooth in the 'original' box that the TF is used to!  CRAP. We forgot AGAIN!!  I quickly grab a dollar from M's wallet (yes, he got cash earlier in the day or I would have been borrowing from the piggy bank!) and armed with my pixie dust (body glitter) I take care of the task at hand. Very quietly!  Sprinkle the dollar. Check.  Put the dollar in the box. Check. Sprinkle the sill. Check.  Sprinkle some on P1. Check.  I run back to my room, put the glitter away and rinse it off my hands.  Then I went back in there and woke her up.  First thing she did was notice the glitter on her arms and then it was all over with.  Success!!!  Thank goodness, disaster averted...  this time!

0 comments: