BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

9 Months (and 1 day)

I know, I know.  Horrible mom....my baby turns 9mo yesterday and I don't even acknowledge it anywhere.  Better late than never, right?

So HAPPY 9 MONTHS Pen-Pen.  I can't believe how fast the time has gone.  I know we all say this, but something just happens when it's your second child.  What seemed to take forever with your first child comes in an instant with the second.  I can't believe we're bearing down on her first birthday.  GASP. 1st birthday already?!  In three months?!?  HOW? WHAT?  WHY?!  Uggghhh, someone please slow down the clock.  I don't want my baby to grow up.

Well, here is a list of milestones and stats:

A week ago, she weighed 16lbs and 14oz.  The nurse at the hospital said she was 24in but I know that's not right.  I will have to take her length and get back to you!  Her hair is starting to come in and I keep waiting for it to get long enough to start flipping up like P1's did.  That will let me know if she's going to be a curly-head like her big sister!

She can:
Sit up
Roll
Army crawl/scoot
Get into the crab-crawl position and just stay there for a minute.
Pull up on low objects (she's isn't confident yet to try pulling up on the couch or other tall objects.  I'm sure that could change anyday now!)
Feed herself finger foods such as rice, peas, Mum-Mums and Rice Crispies.
Drink from a sippy cup and a regular cup (with help, of course!)
Say- Mamama, Dadadada, La-La-La-La, Bah bah bah
Give you '5' when you ask her to.
Play Wah-Wah (when you put your hand over her mouth while she's saying Ahhhhhhh)
Wave Bye Bye
Give mommy kisses!

Her faves:
Sweet Potatoes
Peas
Rice Crispies
Mum-Mums
Her Pal Violet (leapfrog puppy)
her stuffed little lamby
her mommy ;)
Groban, the cat

Her Personality:
Pen is quite the fiesty one.  She wants what she wants when she wants it!  More than likely, she wanted it five minutes ago and she will let you know it!!!  I'm not a huge believer in astrological signs, but she's a Taurus if I've ever met one.  She's strong-willed, not easily swayed, and has a little temper.  She's going to be able to hold her own with her big sister, I just know it.  P1 is going to think she can boss her baby sister around, and I have a feeling it's P2 whom I will be telling "leave your sister alone!" to.  She is VERY sweet though and very lovable.  She likes to cuddle and be close and she loves to play.  She's very quick to pick up on facial expressions and she's very animated with her own.  She's very curious and slightly cautious.  She does have fear, but I have yet to find too many things that she shows concern towards.  I hope that doesn't become a problem in the future.  She also likes to sing.  If I say "la la la", she will repeat after me and sometimes if will be actual notes and not just in a monotone!  :)

In a nutshell, she's a lot like me.  I'm in big trouble.  Right mom?!?  :)

Happy 9mo Penny!  We love you SOO much and are so blessed you joined our family.  It's only been 9 months, but I can't remember what life was like without you.  I love you, my sweet baby girl. 

1 comments:

Raising Twin Girls said...

Happy 9 months Penny!!! I need to figure out a way to come see you guys before the girls walking and out of diapers because that is going to happen before we know it.