BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Busy weekend & Awesome news X 3!!!

The weekend started off GREAT!!!!  I came into work on Friday and found two long stem red roses on my desk!  That made my morning since I LOVE roses!  They were leftover from media kits that the Marketing Dept sent out, but still...free roses are free roses!  :)  Flowers always make me happy. 

Around 2pm that day, I got a call from my wonderful husband who informed me that
HE GOT THE PROMOTION!!!!!!!!!!!
A while back he interviewed for another position and oddly enough, we were hoping he WOULDN'T get that position (which he didn't) but it did set the ball rolling for the promotion that he DID get!!!  After 8yrs of service with this company, I know he feels a sense of recognition & praise for it. He FINALLY made it into management!!!!  Along with it, it comes with a personal use vehicle AND a 16% raise.  It's a blessing, let me tell you.  With the economy like it is and with another child in daycare, it's been pretty tight at our house.  Now I think we will have a little wiggle room.  Here's hoping anyway!  

We're all so proud of him and all that he's accomplished!  I'm going to host a little soiree for him soon!  Can't wait!! 

That was great news #1.  Now great news #2....
AMY and the Twinks (and J too) are COMING TO TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!
I've 'known' Amy online for two years now.  We were trying to conceive at the same time and had our share of disappoint month after month while waiting for our little miracles.  She helped me realize that I wasn't alone through it all and I knew I could always count on her to cheer me up and keep me positive for the next month.  It was only fitting that we found out we were pregnant exactly one month apart from each other. I was due in May '09 and she was due in June '09.  Amy, being the over-achiever that she is, had to out-baby me and get preggers with TWINS!!!   During my struggles with a complicated pregnancy, she also had some complications (requiring bedrest and hospital lockdown) and I think that brought us closer too.  Well last spring, in true Amy fashion, she had her twinkies early in April and I had P2 at the beginning of May.  It's funny that our girls are only 6 days apart.  Coming up next month, we will be able to finally meet and introduce our girls to each other!  I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!  

Yesterday we had my SIL's 30th Bday party.  I ended up making the invites and then here is my wild hair banner that I made for her the night before/day of the party!

Here are some more pics from the party!  It was a beautiful crisp February day!

The kiddos

a P & a J


P2 got to sit in a highchair for the first time at a restaurant!


The 3rd great news is that Pen is FINALLY crawling the RIGHT way now!!!  She's been army crawling for a few weeks now, but today she finally figured out how to get the legs and the arms working at the same time!!  I was fortunate to be able to catch it with my camera!  Yae Pen!!  I can't believe how quickly she is progressing.  Just one night and she's doing something she wasn't able to before.  Right now she's also showing an interest in trying to pull up on the couch.  She REALLY tries, but can't get her balance & confidence in sync!  At this rate I'll probably be publishing a post on her cruising by the end of next week.  EEK! 

2 comments:

Raising Twin Girls said...

Last week was an awesome one for you guys!!! I am so proud of Matt and so happy that you guys will have some extra wiggle room. You need that for all that shopping you love to do for those girls!!! (From one shopping addict to another, I should know, LOL!!!). I can't wait to come out there and finally "meet". You got me all choked up reading your post!!! Love you T!!!
~Amy~

Kari said...

I am so jealous! I can't wait to see pics of the twins and Px2 together!