BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Can't Catch a Break

I just got a call from P2's school telling me that she's running a low-grade fever and has been a bit fussy this afternoon.  Poor little girl bounces from illness to wellness every few weeks.  She's been off of her ear infection antibiotics for two weeks now and it's been almost two weeks since she started getting sick again.  When I brought her in for her two week recheck for her ears on 1/5 (sidebar: she weighed 16lbs14oz w/diaper!), she was starting to get sick again.  Dr told me to watch her and see if she starts getting worse. A fever of 101^ is OK and nothing to freak out over.  Anything over 101 and you start getting into the danger zone.  Even still, I remember our Pedi at the time telling me P1 (at age 4) can have a 102-103 fever for 7 days and not worry about it.  Ya, I wasn't sure if I believed that, but when we took her in to see him on day 4, he just sent us on our merry way.  It was like her body knew, because on day 8 were going to the ER no matter what.  Well, when she woke up the morning of the 8th day, the fever had finally broke and she was fine.  It was weird. 

Anyway, we might be taking a little girl to the dr tomorrow if she starts getting worse.  P2 is heading down the same road that her big sister did when she was 2.  Tubes in the ears.  If she gets another ear infection, I think it will bring the total to 5 in 8mo.  P1 had 9 in a year before she finally got the tubes right after her 2nd birthday. :(    I hope & pray she doesn't need them. 

0 comments: