BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter Approaching

Easter is always a fun time at our house. Not only do we celebrate the resurrection of Christ with a wonderful feast,  we decorate eggs, make a special dessert for Mimi's house (last year it was fancy decorated cupcakes), deviled eggs galore, gorgeous spring weather (hopefully!) and just lots of fun with the extended family.  I tend to take a million pics of the kiddos and love when they are all dressed up!  Here's a tip!  Easter is the perfect time to take pics for moms/grandma's Mother's Day presents!!   

Since this is Pen's first Easter, I had to go out and find a special basket.  Since she was about 3mo old, I've been buying little stuffed lambs for her.  It started with one and now she has about 5 of them.  Now whenever I see a cute stuffed lamb, I buy it for her.  Well, almost.  Right now our grocery store has one for Easter and it's HUGE!!  Almost life size!  I've thought about it....hahahaha  Anyway, as I was saying, lambs.  When I was at Hobby Lobby, I found the cutest basket and guess what it has attached to it?!  That's right!   A lamb!  I couldn't resist.   For her basket, Pen's getting a new pair of sandals, a new sippy cup, a Carter's plush bunny (gasp!) some plastic eggs filled with yogurt melts and a few new sets of PJs.  Piper is getting two new pairs of flip-flops, a bathing suit, The Princess and the Frog DVD, a new outfit, plastic eggs filled with money and some candy.  When I was a kid, my Easter bunny would put money in my eggs and I thought that was the coolest!!  The tradition continues!  Thanks Mom! ;) 

One thing I always do is have pictures taken of the girl, now girls, for Easter!!  I was able to find and purchase matching dresses for them!  That sounds pretty easy, but finding matching dresses in a size 12mo and a size 8 is EXTREMELY difficult.  That's why when I found them, I HAD to buy them.  Now black wouldn't be my first choice for an Easter dress, but I'm actually pretty pleased with how these turned out!!  It doesn't hurt that I have the two most beautiful kiddos around. ;)

I love how P2 is standing on her tippy toes here. 





See it below!  It's Lamby the fourth. :)

This is P2's new silly face.  She knows we crack up when she does it, so it's now a habit! 


I LOVE this one.  The expression is so sweet!



This is one of my faves too! 

These were taken on Sat after I got the dresses in the mail.  They tried them on and I snapped a few pics!


Happy Girls!





0 comments: