BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 1, 2010

Sweet Layla Grace

This is Layla Grace





Isn't she beautiful??  Right now she is fighting a battle agaist Neuroblastoma. Cancer. She is all of 2.  Sadly, she is losing her battle.  The doctors have told her parents that she has a few weeks, but like the fighter that she is, that was weeks ago.  Like her mom says, Layla doesn't follow the textbooks, and right now she is still in the care of her parents.  Surrounded by their love, as well as the love of her two older sisters and thousands of others.  Most of which are strangers, like myself, who find themselves drawn to their story.  Praying for their baby.  Praying for a miracle.  Praying for peace against this cancer that is destroying her tiny body.  It's awful.  No child should ever have to live with this, or die from this.

Thanks to Layla & her family, I squeeze my girls a little tighter.  I hug much longer.  I make memories of the way P1 crinkles up her nose when she laughs, or the way P2 stretches out her little chubby legs in the morning. Their screams and hollers have become music in my house.  Each new day is a celebration that I thank God for everyday I have with them.  Both Layla and Shanna (her mom) have inspired me to be a better mom.  Thank you, sweet Layla.  


   

1 comments:

Raising Twin Girls said...

Seriously, you are making me cry again at work. What a sweet post though. My thoughts are with Shanna and Layla today.