BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 22, 2010

Hello Blog. Long time, no see.

Yes, I've been neglecting my blog lately.  Not for lack of anything to write about, I assure you.  In fact, I have a million posts in my head but haven't had the time to get them out.  Here is an attempt.  If this seems a little erratic and all over the place, welcome to my world/brain. 

Lets go back to the week of March 1st.  M's grandma has Alzheimers for about 6yrs now. Perhaps longer. She's 80.   But she's been living with the inlaws for a few years now.  They built her a beautiful addition to their home and gave her her own space to live.  A place where she could still have some privacy and independence, but still in close proximity to the family where they could keep an eye on her.    My inlaws both work and 24/7 care was not possible...so after a few 'episodes' of GG (what we call her) "seeing an intruder" in the mirror (herself) and climbing up on the furniture to cover the mirrors with sheets and threatening to take her own life one too many times, the family had been thinking it was time to see about putting her in a 'home'.  Well, one afternoon my MIL was called at work from the local police station who had been notified of an elderly woman, with a purse, walking down the street obviously confused and far from home.  Apparently GG had had enough and left with her purse, going to who knows where.  Thank God the weather was nice and she stayed on the road where someone was able to see her.  I shudder to think of the alternative.  Anyway, so that weekend they took GG to the long-term care facility.  It's been hard on the family, but we know it's for the best.  On Saturday, we took the girls out to see her and she seemed to be doing OK.  I think she recognized us, but it's hard to say.  Sometimes she's with it, and other times she seems really confused and lost.  It's a horrible disease and I hope a cure is found in my lifetime. 

The next thing on our plate was Amy and the Twinks visit!  After two years of being online friends, we finally got to meet and introduce our families.  It was a great weekend, and I'll have to post the pics and talk more about it...but I'll have to do that another time, or more specifically when I'm at home. 

So moving on.  Last week. 
Spring Break.

My MIL offers to watch P1 all week.  I take her out to where they live on Monday afternoon.  I must preface and say my MIL is a great grandma and loves to spoil her grandkids ROTTEN.  I'm very thankful that she's so attentive to them and LOVES to have them stay over every chance they get.  I know some people don't have family close to help entertain the kiddos, and some people who do have family close but they choose to have little or no contact with their grandkids.  It's sad, but I know there are a lot of people out there like that.  I'm VERY grateful that M's parents are nearby and attentive to their grandkids.  SO.... that brings me to tell you about M's sister and her family.  She's a good person, she really is, at heart.  But not the brightest crayon in the box, if you ask me.  So her daughter, J1 and P1 are not only cousins, but best friends.  I'm happy they are so close and love each other very much.  They are two years apart in age.  So naturally, when P1 goes to her gparents house, J1 is always over there too.

Well, from what I gather, J1 had been scratching at her head for a while.  So much that my SIL kept getting after her thinking it was some kind of nervous habit.  Instead of thinking 'why does my child keep scratching her head like a maniac' and check her head, she ignored it.  Well, on Thursday, while at the zoo, my MIL saw J1 scratching and decided to check her head.  Yep, LICE.  Full of it.  (makes my skin crawl just thinking about it).  After some checking, my SIL's family of 5 all has it.  My inlaws, and yep, P1.  LOVELY.  Freakin LOVELY.  Do they call us on Thursday to let us know about it?  Nope.  They call us on Saturday when we're on our way out there to pick her up and to visit them at their house.  WTF?!?!  REALLY?!?!  So now because of my SIL's stupidity (OH, and it's not the first time she's dealt with the critters on her kiddos before!!!!), I have to deal with the mess, and try to keep the bugs out of our house & heads.  LOVELY.  Sense my fustration??   She did treat P1 with the bug stuff and said she 'thought' she got most of the eggs out.  My poor baby, in her most pathetic little voice, asked my MIL, "Am I going to die?".  Poor thing!!  Obviously, we've never had the need to discuss lice in our home prior to this. 

My MIL decides it's best not to come over to her house (ya think?!?!) so we meet at GG's facility and try to avoid contact.  Once we get home, I take everything of P1's and wash it in SUPER hot water and dry it a few times, hoping to kill anything living in there. I changed sheets and pillowcases and checked P1's head several times yesterday just to make sure.  I debated calling the school this morning, but from the looks of it, she appears to be lice-free.  I hope my SIL had the sense to keep her kids out of school, but $5 says they are there right now.  Grrrrrr.  Thankfully our kids don't attend the same school.   What makes me so mad is that they didn't call and at least give us the heads up on the lice! (pun intended!).  Geez. 

So that was pretty much the month of March in a nutshell.  Oh, M and I did see MUSE on St. Paddy's day and it was an AWESOME show!!!!  Matthew Bellamy, you're my hero!!!  All the guys did great and are VERY talented musicians...but Matthew, your vocals are amazing.  How you can sound exactly the same live as you do on your CDs is amazing.   Not to mention you're an awesome guitarrist.  Completely effortless.  Seriously, if you like rock music, with a little Queen-esque edge and pop tones thrown in for good measure, GO SEE MUSE!!!  You won't be disappointed.  Seriously one of the most under-appreciated bands out there today.  I have a few of their songs on here...take a listen!!  :) 

0 comments: