BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 1, 2010

Ouch

I tweaked my back this weekend.  In preparation for our upcoming visitors (Amy and the Twinks! And J too.  It's just more fun to call them "Amy and the Twinks" cuz it's kinda like Alvin and the Chipmunks...I digress.)  So, as I was saying- visitors are coming and I'm trying to make my house somewhat presentable!  No, my house isn't a sty and I won't be featured on the show Hoarders (yet!), but we just have a lot of stuff.  We're trying to purge a lot of it and I'm thankful the goodwill van will be in the neighborhood two days before AandTs come to visit!  P1's room was a nightmare and since my guests will be bunking in her room, I figured it was only polite to pick up all the Barbie shoes, My Little Ponys, puzzle pieces, etc etc off the floor!!   5 garbage bags full of items to toss, donate, and resale came out of that room yesterday and it's still not done!!  I'm saving the clothes for last.  And man she's got the clothes. 

My weekend was also full of cleaning the kitchen, the living room, and I'm starting to organize my craft corner.  For Xmas, M's big gift to me was to build & put up some shelves in our bedroom for my stuff.  Yes, the calendar does say MARCH 1st and he's just now getting to it.  I guess I will cut him some slack since he did have back surgery right before Christmas.  Hmmppphhh.  heehee  While P1 and I were organizing all of my junk, M was outside cutting, painting, and finishing my shelves!!  YAE!!!!  I can't wait to post pics of the "After".  Trust me, you don't want to see the "Before".  For those of you that saw what P2's room looked like before it became the beautiful nursery that it is now- Ya, it's like that, only a much smaller version.  Shudder.

I'm really hoping my back gets better so I can get the stuff done that I need to before next weekend!! 

2 comments:

Raising Twin Girls said...

Ouch, your poor back. Don't go breaking your back for us. Our house isn't that clean so we don't expect another family that has 2 girls to have a neat house either, but I do appreciate you picking up the barbie shoes, cause man those hurt. LOL I'm getting so excited for our visit!!!

Alison said...

Have so much fun!! I wish I could come!!!