BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

*^*&%*&%&^% TEXAS DRIVERS

For those that don't know, I grew up driving in Southern California.  Yes, LA.  Yes, horrible traffic anywhere you go at anytime.  From the age of 18 until I was 26, I never had anything resembling an accident.  Nothing. Not even a fender bender.

Now, flash forward to 2007.  I've had 4 accidents. Not to mention a ton of near-misses.  NONE were my fault.  One teenager pulled out in front of me trying to make a left hand turn and I t-boned her.  I injured my shoulder pretty bad and messed up my car pretty good.  Then a few days later, in the rental car, I was behind a guy in a truck who decided he would just throw it into reverse and before I could react, he nailed me.  Totalled that car (cheapy car to begin with). Then one day I was heading to the office and I was stopped at a light.  Suddenly someone ran right into the back of me, probably going 20mph.  At that point I was beginning to think there was a freakin bullseye on my back.  Then last year, wow, actually to the day, P1 and a pregnant me, were on the freeway coming back from seeing Twilight.  There was traffic and of course we just came to a stop then suddenly BAM!! a crash to the back of my SUV.  P1 and I were OK, but I was fit to be tied.  I got out of the car and I let that kid (yes, another kid) have it!!!  I was SOOO mad. 

Well tonight, it almost happened again.  I was on the freeway on my way home from work, with P2 in the car.  I was merging onto one highway from another and there was a solid white line separating the two.  As I'm going about 40mph, I see this little white car starting to cross the white line into my lane.  I started laying on the horn and started bracing for impact. THANK GOD he slowed down and never crossed into my lane, but I just KNEW he was going to nail us, which would have had us slamming into a guardrail and possibly flipping over it down into the embankment.  I shudder to think about what could have happened.  I was shaking SO bad and for a fleeting second I thought about stopping the car, getting out and giving that driver (and his car) a piece of my mind.  You know if you endanger my life, that's one thing, but when it comes to endangering my kids, all bets are off!!!  

So, I'm giving thanks early.  Thank you to my angels for keeping P2 and I safe, and that guy better thank his angels that this mama bear didn't get out of my car and whip his ass.  THAT'S how mad I was. 

For the record, Texas drivers- YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!  Especially you 30yo boys in a truck who think you own the road and think that red lights and stop signs are negotionable!!! STOP RUNNING RED LIGHTS YOU IDIOTS!!!!  Yes, traffic is LA is terrible but at least they know how to drive.  When I went home for 2 weeks in July, I traveled from one end of CA to the other and not once did I see a single accident.  When we flew back to TX, I saw an accident on the way home from the airport.  I rest my case. 

0 comments: