BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

It's been a few days since I posted anything, so I figured I better get on here and update.  Not much is going on.  Back to work today after 4 days off.  Why does 4 days of vacation speed by, yet 4 work days drag on forever?!  I thought I would get to relax and sleep in, but apparently P2 had other plans for me. 

Since she's been teething and eating more solid foods now (YES, she is actually starting to like them!!  She ate almost 4 cubes of carrots tonight!), she's been waking up several times a night.  It's been like this for about a month now.  Maybe longer.  My baby who used to sleep from 8pm-6am is no longer.  Now she's down at 8pm, up at Midnight, up at 2:30am, up at 5:30am...and that's on a good night.   I haven't had a full nights sleep in such a long time that I really feel like the walking dead.  Yet here I am on the PC when I should be sleeping!  We're trying something different tonight, so I'm praying it works.  It's 8:30 and she's still awake.  Maybe keeping her up will encourage a full nights slumber.  Ya, I'm not counting on it either.  Normally when you try to outsmart a baby, you always end up being the one who was outsmarted.  Am I right, fellow mamas?! 

So anyway, Thanksgiving was awesome.  Ate way too much!  Everything was so good, especially my MIL's stuffing!  It's actually Laura Bush's recipe for cornbread stuffing and it's SOOO yummy.  I grew up with cornbread dressing (yes, I'm from CA, but the two generations before me are Texans!) but there is something wonderful about this recipe!  I even had seconds, and I never have seconds of stuffing! 

We took our annual family picture.  It's neat to see how the kids have grown every year and to see what the weather was like that day!  One year we had snow and it was awesome, but it made for a crazy picture since we take it outside!

Here are some pics of the day!

The yummy stuffing!







I'm thankful for all the blessings in my life:  My beautiful kids, my awesome husband (even if there are days that I want to sell him), my loving & crazy family, my friends, my health, and my job.


0 comments: