BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Ube

Today is my baby brother's birthday.  A (aka, Ube) is 22yrs old today!   I remember the day you were born.  We had a large earthquake not a few days before and we joked that the quake put mom into labor. You were a preemie, but I think you were just ready for the world and ready to make some friends!  You were a little peanut.  In fact, that's what you were called.  You weighed in at 4lbs-something and you fit in dad's hand.  He could palm you like a football.  So tiny, but a beautiful baby.  We all called you the family baby.  I was almost 13, M was 8, so we were all aware of what a baby meant to our family.  Even though I REALLY REALLY wanted a baby sister (I cried the day I found out you were a boy!), I instantly loved you when I saw dad holding you behind the glass in the NICU.  You quickly gained weight and were allowed to come home.  We all had SOOOOO much fun with you as a baby!!  My favorite memories of you were:

  • Calling you Ube (A variation of dad's song, "You Be, You Be, You be daddy's Baby"  Ironic now that the bastard isn't in our lives, but I digress...)
  • Having you call me "Soiny" which was supposed to be 'Sissy'.
  • Watching you slide down the stairs feet first on your belly.  Man, that was funny and you were QUICK!
  • Watching you run on your toes in your walker.  You looked just like an Australian Flared Lizard when you did that.  It was hilarious.
  • I loved our Halloweens when I got to dress you up!  I loved the Riddler and the car accident boy with the sign that said "Larry H. Parker got me SQUAT".
  • The way you carried Simmy around in a headlock.  You were the only person she would let carry her that way!
  • Last but not least:  Me: Who do you love? U: You. Me: Of course, who else would you love? U: Nobody.  Me: What are you supposed to do? U: Remember that.  Me: Applecore.  U: Who's your friend?  Me: YOU ARE!!!!!! 
We love you very much A!! 

0 comments: