BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

Saturday was a really busy day!  I had to go pick up my new glasses that I've been neglecting for about 3wks.  Then P1 and I had to get our hair done.  It had been months since we'd had a trim, so it was much needed!  She got her hair layered and it looks so cute!  She's getting to be such a big girl!  We also goofed around at the mall for a few while waiting to get into the salon.  We saw a cardboard cut-out of 'Edward' & 'Jacob' from Twilight and P posed for a pic with them!  LOL

Since the family hadn't been feeling well, we came home and rested before starting to carve the pumpkins.  In an earlier post, I mentioned that we might skip them and I fully intended to.  Then on Friday, the 30th, M and P decided that they wanted pumpkins!  So I went to Wally World and found two of the best I could find on October 30th!  It was slim pickins!!  After our naps, M and I started to carve them and P1 supervised.  P2 was still sleeping so she missed the festivities. :(   They came out pretty good and I got a lot of pkn seeds out of them so that was a plus for me!  I love making Sweet and Spicy pumpkin seeds!  YUM!   When P2 woke up, I tried to fit her into one of the pumpkins for a picture (got it from an idea from my friend, B) but she wouldn't fit!!   Oh well!  I did snap some pics of her wearing her "Baby's 1st Halloween" onesie and of sister wearing her Alice Costume. 

I did a big mommy foul and I didn't take a single pic of P2 in her costume on Halloween. :(  She did wear it and she actually kept the crown on, but of course I didn't capture it.  She had fun though, I think!  She actually had this stunned, deer in headlights look on her face though.  I know she was thinking: "Why am I wearing this?, WHAT IS ON MY HEAD?  Why are you pushing me around in the stroller, at night?  Who are all these kids running around?  What the heck are they wearing??  I'm cold, why aren't we going into any of those warm houses?  What do they keep giving big sister??  Ya, you people have completely lost your minds!!!!" 

We had fun though, despite the three out of four of us being sick.  The next day we cleaned and got ready for the week ahead.

It's VERY scary to think that this time next year we will have an 8year old AND an 18mo old Trick or Treating with her big sister!! 

0 comments: