BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 31, 2009

My beef this week....

Hypocrites. 

Back home, Halloween was fun.  It was a time when the weather got cooler, the decorations started showing up on the neighborhood streets, we got to dress up and go to school in our costumes, and I got to stay out late at night with my friends roaming the streets & getting candy.  Ahhh, good times.  Now here, in TX, or the Bible Belt...it's "Satan's Holiday".  Huh?!  Never in CA had I heard of Trunk or Treat...or this time of year being referred to as "Fall Harvest" because "Halloween" brings up too many negative connotations.  Whatever.

When I was younger and much into my adult life, my former best friend (long story) is a Jehovah's Witness.  When we were younger, and I'm sure still to this day, her family would get together and have a large family meal on....hmmmm, Easter Sunday....or on the fourth Thursday in the month of November, or on the 25th of December.   But NOOOO, they weren't celebrating the holidays, they didn't believe in the holidays.  They were just getting together and having a family get-together.  Now this may offend you, but what the f*ck?!?!   How convenient that you do the exact same thing we Christians do, but you just call it a different name.  I never understood that. 

So, my point (and I do have one) is that here in the Bible Belt, Halloween at the schools is frowned upon.  There are no Jack-O-Lanterns, no bats, witches, ghosts etc.... but having a pumpkin patch at the school and having hayrides is A-OK?!?!?  Again, what the f*ck?!?!  Isn't it the same exact thing, but just with a happier name????  I just don't get it!!!!!  It makes me angry when religious freaks bend the 'rules' to accomodate their own belief structure.   If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a freakin duck!!!!!!!!  GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!! 

0 comments: