BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Tinker Bell Invitations

I really shouldn't be on here posting....I've got 30 invitations to make for P1's upcoming birthday party.  I don't know why I can't be like other moms and just buy the pre-made invitations.  That would be WAY TOO EASY.  No, I've got to be difficult.  The truth of the matter is I love being creative.  Lord knows I got all the crap in the world to make them, but yet I drive myself crazy with the theme, color scheme, etc....  I do it because I love it.  Buying invitations, although SO much easier, just isn't my style.  I want my girls to grow up knowing that their mom was one of a kind that way.  When I was younger, my mom use to make all my Halloween costumes and I thought that was the best.  No store bought costume for me.  I guess I'm trying to carry on the tradition.  In fact, now that I think about it, only two of P1's costumes have been store bought.  The rest have been made (not be me, I'm not THAT talented!).  I guess I just like originality. 

This is the year of Tinker Bell.  The party is on the 24th of this month, and I was pushing for a Halloween theme (I LOVE HALLOWEEN, btw), but nope....princess wanted Tinker Bell.  Since I have a Cricut (http://www.cricut.com/) and I have the Tinker Bell cartridge, I might as well use it and use up some of the supplies I have.  M will love that.  I think he secretely likes when I get all creative and use the junk I've acquired in the years since we've married!  It makes all my purchases (ie, shopping sprees) seem worth it! So that's what I need to do today!  I will post back with the finished product when I'm done!!  Until then.....

0 comments: